报告人：Lance Cameron Kam 副教授
Department of Biomedical Engineering,
Columbia University, USA
题目: Improving Cellular Immunotherapy Through Engineering
地点：909号楼一楼B会议室(Conference Room B, 909-1F)
A. Positions and Honors
Positions and Employment
1991-1994 Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Hawaii
1994-1999 Graduate Research Assistant, Wadsworth Center, Albany, NY
1999-2003 Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Stanford University
2003-2012 Assistant Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
2012- Associate Professor, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Columbia University
2000-2001 Postdoctoral Fellow, NIH Genome Training Program, Stanford University
2001-2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, National Institutes of Health
2002-2003 Co-investigator, Bio-X Interdisciplinary Initiatives Award, Stanford University
2006 PI, Pilot award, Gatsby Initiative in Brain Circuitry
2008 PI, Research Initiatives in Science and Engineering
2008 Discussion leader, Gordon Research Conference on Biointerfaces
2011 Rising Star recognition, Society for Physical Regulation of Biology and Medicine
B. Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications (of 43)
1. Bashour, K.T., Gondarenko, A., Chen, C., Shen, K., Liu, X., Huse, M., Hone, J.C., and Kam, L.C., “CD28 and CD3 have complementary roles in T-cell traction forces”, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, ahead of print,(2014).
2. Bashour, K.T., Tsai, J., Shen, K., Lee, J-H., Sun, E., Milone, M.C., Dustin, M.L., and Kam, L.C., “Crosstalk between CD3 and CD28 is spatially modulated by protein lateral mobility”, Mol Cell Biol, ahead of print, (2013).
3. Choudhuri, K., Llodrá, J., Roth, E.W.G., Tsai, J., Gordo, S., Wucherpfennig, K.W., Kam, L.C., Stokes, D.L., and Dustin, M.L., “Polarized release of TCR-enriched microvesicles at the center of the T cell immunological synapse”, Nature, accepted for publication, (2014).
4. Wang, Y., Xu, Z., Kam, L.C., and Shi, P., "Site-Specific Differentiation of Neural Stem Cell Regulated by Micropatterned Multicomponent Interfaces.", Adv Healthca Mat, 3:214 (2014).
5. Judokusumo, E., Tabdanov, E., Kumari, S., Dustin, M.L., and Kam, L.C., “Mechanosensing in T Lymphocyte Activation”, Biophysical Journal – Letters102:L5-7 (2012).
6. O'Connor, R.S., Hao, X., Shen, K., Bashour, K., Akimova, T., Hancock, W.W., Kam, L.C., Milone, M.C., "Substrate rigidity regulates human T cell activation and proliferation.", J Immunol, 189:1330-9 (2012).
7. Tsai, J., and Kam, L.C., ““Rigidity-dependent crosstalk between integrin and cadherin signaling.” Biophysical Journal-Biophysical Letters, 96: L39-41 (2009).
8. Shen, K., Thomas,V.K., Dustin, M.L., and Kam, L.C., “Micropatterning of Costimulatory Ligands Enhances CD4+ T Cell Function.” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA, 105:7791-6 (2008).
9. Shi, P., Shen, K., Ghassemi, S., Hone, J., and Kam, L.C., "Dynamic Force Generation by Neural Stem Cells", Cell Molec Bioeng, 2: 464-74 (2009).
10. Kam, L.C., “Capturing the nanoscale complexity of cellular membranes in supported lipid bilayers”, J Struct Biol, 168: 3-10 (2009).
11. Shen, K., Tsai, J., Shi, P., and Kam, L.C. “Self-aligned supported lipid bilayers for patterning the cell-substrate interface”, J Am Chem Soc. – Communications, 131: 13204-5 (2009).
12. Tsai, J., Sun, E., Gao, Y., Hone, J.C., and Kam, L.C., “Non-brownian diffusion of membrane molecules in nanopatterned supported lipid bilayers.” Nano Lett, 8: 425-30 (2008).
13. Shi, P., Shen, K., and Kam L.C., “Local presentation of L1 and N-cadherin in multicomponent, microscale patterns differentially direct neuron function in vitro.” Dev Neurobiol, 67: 1765-76 (2007).
14. Perez, T.D., Nelson, W.J., Boxer, S.G., and Kam, L. “E-cadherin tethered to supported lipid bilayers as a model for cell adhesion,” Langmuir, 21: 11963-8 (2005).
15. Kam, L., and Boxer, S.G., “Spatially Selective Manipulation of Supported Lipid Bilayers by Laminar Flow: Steps Towards Biomembrane Microfluidics,” Langmuir, 19: 1624-1631 (2003).
C. Pending and Issued Patents
1. Milone, M.C, Shen, K., and Kam, L.C., “Ex vivo activation and expansion of human T cell subsets using biocompatible solid substrates with tunable rigidity”, Provisional (2011).
2. Kam, L., Shen, K., Dustin, M.L., Thomas, V.K., “Micropatterned T cell stimulation”, Pending, US Patent application 20080317724 (2009).
3. Boxer, S.G., and Kam, L., “Biosensor arrays and methods”, US Patent No. 6,503,452 (2000).