National Center for Nanoscience and Technology, China, (Beijing, China)
题目：Gold Nanoparticles in Biomedicine: Opportunities and Challenges
Gold nanoparticles (GNP) are increasingly becoming useful for a range of applications in biomedicine. I will discuss how GNPs have changed our way of analyzing biochemical samples, as well as our efforts in making GNP useful as antibiotics. Vast opportunities exist for diagnostics/therapy of diseases based on GNPs. On the other hand, only a small fraction of the new technologies are invented are becoming commercialized, showing significant challenges against widespread adoption of new tools.
Xingyu Jiang is at the National Center for NanoScience and Technology of China (NCNST), an affiliate of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS). Born and raised in Chengdu, China, Xingyu obtained his BS at the University of Chicago (1999), followed by an AM (2001) and a PhD (2004) from Harvard University (Chemistry), working with Professor George Whitesides. After a short postdoctoral fellowship with Professor Whitesides, he joined the NCNST in 2005 as a professor where he has remained since.He is a CAS “Hundred Talents Plan” Professor, and is a National Distinguished Young Scholar Awardee by the National Science Foundation of China. He has authored over 140 peer-reviewed papers as of 2014. His research interests include surface chemistry, microfluidics, micro/nano-fabrication, cell biology, immunoassays, and nanomedicine.
1. Tuning the Composition of AuPt Bimetallic Nanoparticles for Antibacterial Application,Zhao Y, Ye C, Liu W, Chen R, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Ed, 53(31): 8127-8131. (2014).
2. Point-of-Care Biochemical Assays Using Gold Nanoparticle-Implemented Microfluidics,Sun JS, Xianyu YL, Jiang XY, Chem Soc Rev, 43(17): 6239-6253. (2014).
3. Synergy of Non-Antibiotic Drugs and Pyrimidinethiol on Gold Nanoparticles against Superbugs,Zhao YY, Chen ZL, Chen YF, Xu J, Li JH, Jiang XY, J Am Chem Soc, 135(35): 12940-12943. (2013).
4. A Strategy for the Construction of Controlled, Three-Dimensional, Multilayered, Tissue-Like Structures,Gong PY, Zheng WF, Huang Z, Zhang W, Xiao D, Jiang XY, Adv Funct Mater, 23(1): 42-46. (2013).
5. Resettable, Multi-Readout Logic Gates Based on Controllably Reversible Aggregation of Gold Nanoparticles,Liu DB, Chen WW, Sun K, Deng K, Zhang W, Wang Z, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Edit, 50(18): 4103-4107. (2011).
6. Copper-Mediated Amplification Allows Readout of Immunoassays by the Naked Eye,Qu WS, Liu YY, Liu DB, Wang Z, Jiang XY, Angew Chem Int Edit, 50(15): 3442-3445. (2011).