The Zetasizer Nano (Laser Particle Size and Zeta Potential Analyzer) is designed to provide exceptional sensitivity for the measurement of size, zeta potential and molecular weight. This is particularly important for applications where the sample is small, dilute or scatters poorly. Solutions of proteins are prime examples of this, and mean that the Zetasizer is an alternative to the use of capillary electrophoresis and isoelectric focussing for charge measurement.
Laser Particle Size and Zeta Potential Analyzer / Zetasizer Nano ZS90
1. Size measurement from 0.3nm (diameter) to 5 microns using 90 degree
2. Zeta potential of proteins and particles from 3.8 nm up to 100 microns
(diameter) using patented M3-PALS technology.
3. Molecular weight measurement down to 980 Da.
4. A Quality Factor gives confidence in the data.
5. The Expert advice report gives help to improve sample preparation or
the measurement procedure.
6. 21CFR part 11 software option enables compliance with ER/ES.
7. Research software option gives access to further features and
analysis algorithms for the light scattering specialist.
8. Automation of measurements using an autotitrator option.
9. Alternative laser, 50 mW at 532 nm for samples incompatible with the
standard 633 nm laser fitted.
10. Optical filter option to improve measurements with fluorescent
11. Temperature range extension option to 120 °C.
Applications and Uses
The premium Zetasizer Nano system with the highest sensitivity and
widest range of measured parameters. This is the world’s most popular
system for the measurement of particle size and molecular size using
Dynamic Light Scattering, zeta potential and electrophoretic mobility
using Laser Doppler Microelectrophoresis, and molecular weight using
Static Light Scattering.
Editor: Xiaofang Tan