Education and Professional Experience
1978.09-1982.06: He Fei University of Technology, B.S. in Chemical Engineering
1986.09-1989.06: East China University of Science and Technology, M.S. in Chemical Engineering
2000.09-2003.06: University of Science and Technology of China, Ph.D. in Chemistry
2003.11-2005.10: Senior Research Assistant in Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong
2000.07-2008.07: Professor in College of Chemistry and Materials Science, Anhui Normal University
2008.08-present: Professor in Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University
Synthesis of solid materials (silicon-based materials, carbon-based materials, precious metals, etc.)
Green catalysis (photocatalysis and electrocatalysis)
Nanoscale devices (generator and photosensors)
Sensors (surface enhanced Raman and fluorescence, electrochemical and gas sensors).
Research Experience and Accomplishments
Our group has published more than 220 papers indexed by SCI including Nat. Commun., J. Am. Chem. Soc., Nano Lett., ACS Nano, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., Adv. Mater., Adv. Func. Mater., Small and so on. The papers are cited more than 6000 times and the H index is 40. Research supports include presiding three National Natural Science Foundation (NSFC) general grant, and co-investigating in a 973 program, one National Key Research and Development Program and one National MCF Energy R&D Program.
The electrochemical hydrogen evolution using silicon and rhodium nanomaterials as co-catalysts in acidic systems was first described in Nat. Commun. The experimental and theoretical results showed that the Si-Rh nanomaterial has better activity than platinum catalyst under large current; In the further work of ACS Nano, Ir nanoparticles with a diameter of about 2.2 nm were uniformly loaded on the surface of silicon nanowires through Si-H bond. Under the synergies of SiNW, the catalytic efficiency of hydrogen evolution of its unit metal atom (Ir atom) reached the maximum known hydrogen evolution catalyst material at the time of publication. Silicon nanowires with electret effect were first discovered and used in the preparation of nanogenerators, which were published in Nano Lett; Excellent photocatalytic activity of hydrogen-saturated silicon nanowires has been observed for the first time, which were published in JACS; The catalyst patterning using fluid flow and the growth of silicon nanowire arrays were published in Chem. Commun., which was the cover and hot article, and has gained high comment; The Raman signals of rhodamine 6G, TNT, crystal violet and bovine serum albumin could be obtained by using silver vanadate as the substrate for surface enhanced Raman study, which have potential usage in food safety and anti-terrorism detection. The paper was published in Chem. Commun. as cover and hot article.
1. Minqi Sheng, Binbin Jiang, Bin Wu, Fan Liao, Xing Fan, Haiping Lin*, Youyong Li, Yeshayahu Lifshitz*, Shuit-Tong Lee, Mingwang Shao*, Approaching the Volcano Top: Iridium/Silicon Nanocomposites as Efficient Electrocatalysts for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, ACS Nano, 2019, 13, 2786. Doi: 10.1021/acsnano.8b07572.
2. Yafei Cheng, Shunkai Lu, Fan Liao, Liangbin Liu, Yanqing Li*, Mingwang Shao*, Rh-MoS2 Nanocomposite Catalysts with Pt-like Activity for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2017, 27, 1700359. Doi: 10.1002/adfm.201700359
3. Lili Zhu, Haiping Lin, Youyong Li*, Fan Liao, Yeshayahu Lifshitz, Minqi Sheng, Shuit-Tong Lee*, Mingwang Shao*, The Rhodium/Silicon Co-Electrocatalyst Design Concept to Surpass the Platinum Hydrogen Evolution Activity at High Overpotentials, Nat. Commun., 2016, 7, 12272. Doi: 10.1038/ncomms12272
4. Baoquan Sun*, Mingwang Shao*, Shuit-Tong Lee, Nanostructured Silicon Used for Flexible and Mobile Electricity Generation, Adv. Mater., 2016, 28, 10539. Doi: 10.1002/adma.201601012
5. Fei Hu, Qian Cai, Fan Liao, Mingwang Shao*, Shuit-Tong Lee, Recent Advancements in Nanogenerators for Energy Harvesting, Small, 2015, 11, 5611. Doi: 10.1002/smll.201501011
6. Ronghui Que, Qi Shao, Qinliang Li, Mingwang Shao*, Shiduan Cai, Suidong Wang*, Shuit-Tong Lee*, Flexible Nanogenerators Based on Graphene Oxide Films for Acoustic Energy Harvesting, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2012, 51, 5418. Doi: 10.1002/anie.201200773
7. Qi Shao, Ronghui Que, Mingwang Shao*, Liang Cheng, Shuit-Tong Lee*, Copper Nanoparticles Grafted on a Silicon Wafer and Their Excellent Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2012, 22, 2067. Doi: 10.1002/adfm.201102943
8. Ronghui Que, Mingwang Shao*, Suidong Wang, Dorothy Duo Duo Ma, Shuit-Tong Lee*, Silicon Nanowires with Permanent Electrostatic Charges for Nanogenerators, Nano Lett., 2011, 11, 4870. Doi: 10.1021/nl2027266
9. Ronghui Que, Mingwang Shao*, Shujuan Zhuo, Chunye Wen, Suidong Wang*, Shuit-Tong Lee*, Highly-Reproducible Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering on Capillarity-Assisted Gold Nanoparticle Assembly, Adv. Funct. Mater., 2011, 21, 3337. Doi: 10.1002/adfm.201100641
10. Mingwang Shao*, Liang Cheng, Xiaohong Zhang, Dorthy Duo Duo Ma and Shuit-tong Lee*, Excellent Photocatalysis of HF-Treated Silicon Nanowires, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2009, 131, 17738. Doi: 10.1021/ja908085c
Edited by Juan Yang
Edited by Juan Yang