Tel: 86-512-65884620 (O)
B.S., Harbin Institute of Technology, Dept. of Applied Chemistry, 1996
M.S., Harbin University of Science and Technology, College of Materials Science and Engineering, 1999
Ph.D., Jilin University, College of Chemistry, 2002
Research Assistant, Jilin University, State Key Lab of Supramolecular Structure and Materials, 2003-2004
Post-Doc, Tulane University, Dept. of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, 2004-2005
Post-Doc, Northwestern University, Dept. of Chemistry, 2005-2010
Post-Doc, Nanyang Technological University, School of Materials Science and Engineering, 2010-2013
(1) Development of metal-organic framework (MOF)-based devices;
(2) Preparation of functional metal-organic framework (MOF)-based composites;
(3) Preparation and applications of porous polymer materials;
(4) Fabrication of ordered microstructures of polymer materials.
Research Experience and Accomplishments:
Previously focused on 1) the fabrication of ordered microstructures via using self-organized liquid as templates, 2) the fabrication of metal-organic framework (MOF)-based chemical sensors and the preparation of nanoparicle/MOF composites via controlled encapsulation. Published 20 papers in top chemistry and materials science journals, including Nature Chem., JACS, Adv. Mater., etc. Served the reviewer of JACS, Langmuir, JPC, etc.
1. G. Lu, S. Li, Z. Guo, O. K. Farha, B. G. Hauser, X. Qi, Y. Wang, X. Wang, S. Han, X. Liu, J. S. DuChene, H. Zhang, Q. Zhang, X. Chen, J. Ma, S. C. Joachim Loo, W. D. Wei, Y. Yang, J. T. Hupp, F. Huo, “Imparting Functionality to A Metal-Organic Framework Material by Controlled Nanoparticle Encapsulation”, Nature Chem., 2012, 4(4): 310-316.
2. G. Lu, O. K. Farha, W. Zhang, F. Huo, J. T. Hupp, “Engineering ZIF-8 Thin Films for Hybrid MOF-Based Devices”, Adv. Mater., 2012, online available, DIO: 10.1002/adma.201202116.
3. G. Lu, O. K. Farha, L. E. Kreno, P. M. Schoenecker, K. S. Walton, R. P. Van Duyne, J. T. Hupp, “Fabrication of Metal-Organic Framework-Containing Silica-Colloidal Crystals for Vapor Sensing”, Adv. Mater., 2011, 23(38): 4449-4452.
4. G. Lu, J. T. Hupp, “Metal-Organic Frameworks as Sensors: A ZIF-8 Based Fabry-Pérot Device as a Selective Sensor for Chemical Vapors and Gases”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2010, 132(23): 7832-7833.
5. G. Lu, W. Li, J. Yao, G. Zhang, B. Yang, J. Shen, “Fabricating Ordered Two-Dimensional Arrays of Polymer Rings with Sub-micrometer-sized Features on Patterned Self-Assembled Monolayers by Dewetting”, Adv. Mater., 2002, 14(15), 1049-1053.
Edited by Juan Yang