Professor in Materials Science
Group website: http://baoquansun.weebly.com/
Google Scholar Citation Report (link)
Education and Work Experience
2008/10-, Professor in Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, China,
2007/05-2008/10, Research Scientist in C-PCS, Los Alamos National Laboratory (Hosted by Dr. Victor Klimov), NM, USA
2002/08-2007/04, Research Associate in Optoelectronics, Cavendish Laboratory (Physics), Cambridge University (Advisor Prof. Henning Sirringhaus, Prof. Neil Greenham in Sir Richard Friend Group,), Cambridge, United Kingdom
1997/09-2002/07, Ph. D in Chemistry Materials, Tsinghua University, (Advisor: Prof. DP Chen), Beijing, China
1993/03-1997/07, Bachelor in Chemical Engineering, Tsingdao University of Science and Technology, Qingdao, China
(1) Conjugated Polymer, Nanostructrued Semiconductor Materials
(2) Charge Separation and Transport; Interface Engineering for High Efficient Optoelectronic Devices
(3) Organic/Inorganic Hybrid Solar Cell; Nanostructrued Si Photovoltaics; Thin Film Transistors
(1) Published >100 peer-reviewed papers in the well-respected journals such as Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., JACS, Nano Lett., ACS Nano and Adv. Mater. hold seven Chinese patents, five US patents and one world patents.
(2) Total citation is more than 3000 times, H-index is 28.
(3) The first three-dimensional organic-inorganic hybrid photovoltaic devices have been built in our group, which achieved the present highest power conversion efficiency (14%) of the organic-based photovoltaic device because of the efficient charge transfer and transport.
(4) The charge recombination mechanism has been well analyzed in hybrid system. And through optimizing surface passivation techniques of inorganic nanostructure, the charge recombination was dramatically suppressed.
Main research interests are engaged in optical and electrical properties of conjugated polymer, colloidal semiconductor nanocrystals and their application in optoelectronic devices. Publications include over 100 journal papers, one book chapter and five patents. The papers have been cited (SCI) over 3000 times and H-index 28.
Selected Publication (Total Citation>3200, H-index=28)
1. Z. Yuan; Z. Wu; S. Bai; Z. Xia; W. Xu; T. Song; H. Wu; L. Xu; J. Si; Y. Jin; B. Sun*, Hot-Electron Injection in Sandwiched TiOx-Au-TiOx Structure for High Performance Planar Perovskite Solar Cells. Adv. Energy Mater.2015, DOI:10.1002/aem.201500038.
2. Y. Zhang; W. Cui; Y. Zhu; F. Zu; L. Liao; S.-T. Lee; B. Sun*, High Efficiency Hybrid PEDOT:PSS/Nanostructured Silicon Schottky Junction Solar Cells by Doping-Free Rear Contact. Energ. Environ. Sci. 2015, 8, 297.
3. Y. Zhang; F. Zu; S.-T. Lee; L. Liao; N. Zhao; B. Sun*, Heterojunction with Organic Thin Layers on Silicon for Record Efficiency Hybrid Solar Cells. Adv. Energy Mater. 2014,4, 201300923.
4. J. Zhang; T. Song; X. Shen; X. Yu; S.-T. Lee; B. Sun*, A 12%-Efficient Upgraded Metallurgical Grade Silicon–Organic Heterojunction Solar Cell Achieved by a Self-Purifying Process. ACS Nano 2014,8, 11369.
6. S. Bai; Y. Jin*; X. Liang; Z. Ye; Z. Wu; B. Sun*; Z. Ma; Z. Tang; J. Wang; U. Würfel; F. Gao; F. Zhang, Ethanedithiol treatment on solution-processed ZnO thin films: controlling the intragap states of electron transporting interlayers for efficient and stable inverted organic solar cells Adv. Energy Mater. 2014,4, 1401606
7．X. Gu; W. Cui; H. Li; Z. Wu; Z. Zeng; S.-T. Lee; H. Zhang; B. Sun*, A Solution-Processed Hole Extraction Layer Made from Ultrathin MoS2Nanosheets for Efficient Organic Solar Cells. Adv. Energy Mater. 2013,3, 1262.
8. S. Bai; M. Cao; Y. Jin*; X. Dai; X. Liang; Z. Ye; M. Li; J. Cheng; X. Xiao; Z. Wu; Z. Xia; B. Sun*; E. Wang; Y. Mo; F. Gao; F. Zhang, Low-Temperature Combustion-Synthesized Nickel Oxide Thin Films as Hole-Transport Interlayers for Solution-Processed Optoelectronic Devices. Adv. Energy Mater. 2013,4, 1301460.
10.G. Zou; H. Luo; F. Ronning; B. Sun*; T. M. McCleskey; A. K. Burrell; E. Bauer; Q. X. Jia, Facile Chemical Solution Deposition of High-Mobility Epitaxial Germanium Films on Silicon. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2010,49, 1782.
11. X. Shen; B. Sun*; D. Liu; S.-T. Lee*, Hybrid Heterojunction Solar Cell Based on Organic–Inorganic Silicon Nanowire Array Architecture. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2011, 133, 19408
12.X. Shen; B. Sun*; F. Yan; J. Zhao; F. Zhang; S. Wang; X. Zhu; S. Lee, High-Performance Photoelectrochemical Cells from Ionic Liquid Electrolyte in Methyl-Terminated Silicon Nanowire Arrays. ACS Nano 2010,4, 5869.
Rm 302 A, Bld 910
Institute of Functional Nano& Soft Materials (FUNSOM)
Soochow University 199 Ren-Ai Road,
Suzhou Industrial Park,
Suzhou, Jiangsu 215123 China
Edited by Juan Yang