B.S., Jilin University, Dept. of Phys., 1982
M.S , Jilin University, Dept. of Chem., 1985
Post-Doc., Mainz Univ./BASF, Germany, 1990-1993
Group leader/habilitant, Phys. Insti. Muenster Univ. Germany, 1993-2000
Private docent, Phys. Inst. Muenster Univ., Germany, 2001-2004
Double pointed professor, Key Lab of Supramolecular Structure and Materials, Jilin University, 2003-2011
Professor, Phys. Inst., Muenster Univ., Germany, since 12. 2004
Professor, FUNSOM, Soochow Univ., (1000 Talent Program), since 04. 2012
1. Surface patterning: combination of bottom-up and top-down
2. Area-selective growth organic molecules: architecture and functions
3. On-surface reactions: principle and functional materials
4. Scanning probe microscopy on soft materials: structure and properties
Selected Results and Publications:
1. W. C. Wang and L.F. Chi*, “Area-Selective growth of functional molecular architectures”, Acc. Chem. Rev. 2012, in press..
2. D. Y. Zhong, J.-H. Franke, S. K. Podiyanachari, T. Bl?mker, H.M. Zhang, G. Kehr, G. Erker*, H. Fuchs*, L.F. Chi*: “Linear Alkane Polymerization on a Gold Surface”, Science, 2011, 334, 213-216.
3. L.Q. Li, P. Gao, K.C. Schuermann, S. Ostendorp, W.C. Wang, C. Du,Y. Lei, H. Fuchs, L.De. Cola,K. Müllen*and L.F. Chi*: “Controllable Growth and Field-Effect Property of Monolayer to Multilayer Microstripes”, JACS, 2010, 132, 8807-8809.
4. M. Gleiche, L.F. Chi*, H. Fuchs: “Nanoscopic channel lattices with controlled anisotropic wetting” Nature, 2000, 403, 173-176.
5. L.F. Chi, M. Anders, H. Fuchs*, R. R. Johnston and H. Ringsdorf: “Domain Structures in Langmuir-Blodgett Films investigated by Atomic Force Microscopy”, Science, 1993, 259, 213-216.
Edited by Juan Yang