XUHUI (Jeff) SUN
Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM),
Soochow University, 199 Ren-Ai Road, Suzhou Industrial Park,
Suzhou, Jiangsu Province, P. R. China, 215123
Phone: +86-512-65880943, Email: email@example.com
Energy Harvesting (Triboelectric nanogenerator, Solar water splitting, Li ion battery); Nano Sensors; Synchrotron Radiation Techniques
Ph. D. (1999-2002) Center of Super Diamond and Advanced Films & Department ofChemistryand Biology, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
M.Sc. (1993-1996) Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, China
B.Sc. (1988-1993) Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, China
Professor (Jan. 2009 – Present), Associate Director, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Associate Dean, College of Nano Science & Technology, Soochow University
Research Scientist (May 2007 – Jun. 2009), Advanced Studies Lab, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, USA, Adjunct Assistant Professor (Sep. 2008– Jun. 2009), Center for Nanostructures & School of Engineering,Santa Clara University, CA, USA
Postdoctoral Fellow (Jul. 2005 – May. 2007),Center for Nanotechnology, NASA Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, CA, USA
Postdoctoral Fellow (Oct. 2003 – Jul. 2005), Department of Chemistry, University of Western Ontario, Canada
1. Yuqiang Liu, Na Sun, Jiawei Liu, Zhen Wen*,Xuhui Sun*, Shuit-Tong Lee, and Baoquan Sun*, “Integrating a Silicon Solar Cell with a Triboelectric Nanogenerator via a Mutual Electrode for Harvesting Energy from Sunlight and Raindrops”, ACS Nano, 2018, DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.8b00416.
2. Yanqin Yang,Na Sun,Zhen Wen*, Ping Cheng, Hechuang Zheng, Huiyun Shao, Yujian Xia, Chen Chen, Huiwen Lan, Xinkai Xie, Changjie Zhou, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun*, and Shuit-Tong Lee*, “Liquid-Metal-Based Super-Stretchable and Structure-Designable Triboelectric Nanogenerator for Wearable Electronics”, ACS Nano, 2018, 12 (2), 2027–2034
3. Changjie Zhou, Yanqin Yang, Na Sun, Zhen Wen*, Ping Cheng, Xinkai Xie, Huiyun Shao, Qingqing Shen, Xiaoping Chen, Yina Liu, Zhong Lin Wang* and Xuhui Sun*, “All Folded Carbon-Paper Based Flexible Self-charging Power Unit for Portable Electronics”, Nano Research, 2018, DOI:10.1007/s12274 -018-2018-8
4. Shuijian He, Matthew J. Turnbull, Yuting Nie, Xuhui Sun*, Zhifeng Ding*, “Band structures of blue luminescent nitrogen-doped graphene quantum dots by synchrotron-based XPS”, Surface Science, DOI: doi.org/10.1016/j.susc.2018.01.013.
5. Qingqing Shen, Xinkai Xie, Mingfa Peng, Na Sun, Huiyun Shao, Hechuang Zheng, Zhen Wen*, and Xuhui Sun*, “Self-Powered Vehicle Emission Testing System Based on Coupling of Triboelectric and Chemoresistive Effects”, Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, 28, 1703420.
6. Xuejie Gao, JiweiWang,Duo Zhang, Keegan Adair, Kun Feng, Na Sun, Hechuang Zheng, Huiyun Shao, Jun Zhong, Yanyun Ma*, Xueliang (Andy) Sun* andXuhui Sun*, “Carbon Coated Bimetallic Sulfide Nanodots/Carbon Nanorod Heterostructure Enabling Long-life Lithium-ion Batteries”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2017, 5, 25625 - 25631
7. Zhangping Shi, Kaiqi Nie, Zheng-Jiang Shao, Boxu Gao, Huanlei Lin, Hongbin Zhang, Bolun Liu, Yangxia Wang, Yahong Zhang, Xuhui Sun*, Xiao-Ming Cao*, P. Hu, Qingsheng Gao* and Yi Tang*, Phosphorus-Mo2C@ carbon nanowires toward efficient electrochemical hydrogen evolution: composition, structural and electronic regulation. Energy & Environmental Science, 10.5 (2017), 1262-1271.
8. Yuting Nie, Zhiqiang Wang, Jian Wang, Feng Bao, Jinping Zhang, Yanyun Ma*, Tsun-Kong Sham*, Xuhui Sun*, Synthesis and Structure-Dependent Optical Properties of ZnO Nanocomb and ZnO Nanoflag. The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 2017, 121 (46), 26076-26085.
9. Zhen Wen, Qingqing Shen and Xuhui Sun*, Nanogenerators for Self-Powered Gas Sensing. Nano-Micro Letters, 9, 4 (2017), 45.
10. Na Sun, Zhen Wen*, Feipeng Zhao, Yanqin Yang, Huiyun Shao, Changjie Zhou, Qingqing Shen, Kun Feng, Mingfa Peng, Yanguang Li and Xuhui Sun*, All Flexible Electrospun Papers Based Self-Charging Power System. Nano Energy,38 (2017), 210-217.
11. Huiyun Shao, Zhen Wen*, Ping Cheng, Na Sun, Qingqing Shen, Changjie Zhou, Mingfa Peng, Yanqin Yang, Xinkai Xie and Xuhui Sun*, Multifunctional Power Unit by Hybridizing Contact-Separate Triboelectric Nanogenerator, Electromagnetic Generator and Solar Cell for Harvesting Blue Energy. Nano Energy, 39 (2017), 608–615.
12. Mingfa Peng, Zhen Wen*, Mingwang Shao and Xuhui Sun*, One-dimensional CdSxSe1?x nanoribbons for high- performance rigid and flexible photodetectors. Journal of Materials Chemistry C, 5 (2017), 7521-7526.
13. Jing Gao, Yujin Ji, Youyong Li, Jun Zhong* and Xuhui Sun*, The morphological effect on electronic structure and electrical transport properties of one-dimensional carbon nanostructures. RSC Advances, 7.34 (2017), 21079-21084.
14. Xiaoxin Lv, Jiujun Deng, Biqiong Wang, Jun Zhong, Tsun-Kong Sham, Xuhui Sun* and Xueliang Sun*, “g-Fe2O3@CNTs Anode Materials for Lithium Ion Batteries Investigated by Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy”, Chemistry of Materials,29, 8 (2017): 3499-3506.
15. Mo Sha, Hui Zhang, Yuting Nie, Kaiqi Nie, Xiaoxin Lv, Na Sun, Xinkai Xie, Yanyun Ma* and Xuhui Sun*, “Sn nanoparticles@nitrogen-doped carbon nanofiber composites as high-performance anodes for sodium-ion batteries”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5 (2017), 6277-6283.
16. Xuejie Gao, Jiwei Wang, Duo Zhang, Kaiqi Nie, Yanyun Ma*, Jun Zhong and Xuhui Sun*, “Hollow NiFe2O4 nanospheres on carbon nanorods as?a highly efficient anode material for lithium ion?batteries”,Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 5 (2017), 5007-5012.
17. Xiaolin Lv, Kaiqi Nie, Huiwen Lan, Xin Li, Youyong Li, Xuhui Sun,*Jun Zhong,* and Shuit-Tong Lee*, “Fe2TiO5-incorporated hematite with surface P-modification for high-efficiency solar water splitting”, Nano Energy, 32 (2017), 525-532.
18. Kun Feng, Jun Zhong,* Binhua Zhao, Hui Zhang, Lai Xu, Xuhui Sun* and Shuit-Tong Lee*，“CuxCo1-xO Nanoparticles on Graphene Oxide as A Synergistic Catalyst for High-Efficiency Hydrolysis of Ammonia–Borane”，Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.55 (2016), 11950 –11954.
19. Duo Zhang, John Mcleod, Lei Hu, Shuanglong Lu, Yanyun Ma, Jun Zhong, Zheng Jiang*, Hongwei Gu*, and Xuhui Sun*, “Structural Dependence of Platinum Nanostructures on Catalytic Performance in Aromatic Azo Compound Reaction Investigated by X-ray Absorption Fine Structure Spectroscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 120 (2016), 14712–14718.
20. Hui Zhang, Liwei Fan, Huilong Dong, Pingping Zhang, Kaiqi Nie, Jun Zhong, Youyong Li, Jinghua Guo, and Xuhui Sun*, “Spectroscopic Investigation of Plasma-Fluorinated Monolayer Graphene and Application for Gas Sensing”, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, 8 (2016), 8652–8661.
21. Hui Zhang, Xin Li, Duo Zhang, Liang Zhang, Mukes Kapilashrami, Tao Sun, Per-Anders Glans, Junfa Zhu, Jun Zhong, Zheng Hu*, Jinghua Guo*, Xuhui Sun*, “Comprehensive electronic structure characterization of pristine and nitrogen/phosphorus doped carbon nanocages” Carbon, 103 (2016) 480-487.
22. Yun Wang, Hui Zhang, Xuhui Sun*, “Electrospun nanowebs of NiO/SnO2p-n heterojunctions for enhanced gas sensing”, Applied Surface Science, 389 (2016) 514-520.
23. Xiaoxin Lv, Jiujun Deng, Xuhui Sun*, “Cumulative effect of Fe2O3 on TiO2 nanotubes via atomic layer deposition with enhanced lithium ion storage performance”, Applied Surface Science, 369 (2016) 314-319.
24. Duo Zhang,Hui Zhang, Xiaohong Zhang,Tsun-Kong Sham,*Yongfeng Hu*and XuhuiSun*, “The origin of luminescence from di[4-(4- diphenylaminophenyl)phenyl]sulfone (DAPSF), a blue light emitter: an X-ray excited optical luminescence (XEOL) and X-ray absorption near edge structure (XANES) study”, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 18 (2016) 6406-6410.
25. Pingping Zhang, Hui Zhang, Xuhui Sun*, “Uniform Porous Multilayer-Junction Thin Film for Enhanced Gas-Sensing Performance”, Nanoscale, 8 (2016), 1430-1436.
26. Jiwei Wang, Hui Zhang, Xiaoxin Lv, Kaiqi Nie, Xuejie Gao, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun*, “Self-supported ultrathin mesoporous CoFe2O4/CoO nanosheet arrays assembled from nanowires with enhanced lithium storage performance”, Journal of Materials Science, 51(2016), 6590-6599.
27. Guanqi Zhao,Jun Zhong,*Jian Wang,Tsun-Kong Sham,Xuhui Sun*and Shuit-Tong Lee, “Revealing the synergetic effects in?Ni nanoparticle-carbon nanotube hybrids by scanning transmission X-ray microscopy and their application in the hydrolysis of ammonia borane”, Nanoscale 7(2015) 9715-9722.
28. Yiping Zhang, Qiqi Zhuo, Xiaoxin Lv, Yanyun Ma, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun*, “NiO-Co3O4nanoplate composite as efficient anode in Li-ion battery”, Electrochimica Acta 178 (2015) 590–596.
29. Qi Wang, Pingping Zhang, Qiqi Zhuo, Xiaoxin Lv, Jiwei Wang and Xuhui Sun*, “Direct Synthesis of Co-doped Graphene on Dielectric Substrates Using Solid Carbon Sources”, Nano-Micro Letters, 7 (2015),368-371.
30. Jiujun Deng, Xiaoxin Lv, Jinyin Liu, Hui Zhang, Kaiqi Nie, C. Hong, Jian Wang, Xuhui Sun*, Jun Zhong*, Shuit Tong Lee,“Thin-Layer Fe2TiO5 on Hematite for Efficient Solar Water Oxidation”ACS Nano2015,9, 5348-5356.
31. Xiaoxin Lv, Jiujun Deng, Jian Wang,Jun Zhong* and Xuhui Sun*, “Carbon-coated a-Fe2O3 Nanostructures for Efficient Anode of Li-ion Battery” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 3 (2015) 5183-5188.
32. Pingping Zhang, Jiwei Wang, Xiaoxin Lv, Hui Zhang and Xuhui Sun*,“Facile synthesis of Cr-decorated hexagonal Co3O4nanosheets for ultrasensitive ethanol detection”,Nanotechnology,26 (2015) 275501.
33. Pingping Zhang, Jin Gao, Xuhui Sun*, “An ultrasensitive, uniform and large-area surface-enhanced Raman scattering substrate based on Ag or Ag/Au nanoparticles decorated Si nanocone arrays”, Applied Physics Letters, 106 (2015) 043103.
34. Qi-Qi Zhuo, Qi Wang, Yi-Ping Zhang, Duo Zhang, Qin-Liang Li, Chun-Hong Gao, Yan-Qiu Sun, Lei Ding, Qi-Jun Sun, Sui-Dong Wang, Jun Zhong, Xu-Hui Sun,* and Shuit-Tong Lee, “Transfer-Free Synthesis of Doped and Patterned Graphene Films”, ACS Nano, 9 (2015) 594-601.
35. Jian Wang, Zhiqiang Wang, Hyunjin Cho, Myung Jong Kim, T. K. Sham, Xuhui Sun*, “Layer speciation and electronic structure investigation of freestanding hexagonal boron nitride nanosheets”, Nanoscale, 7 (2015) 1718-1724.
36. Saghar Khoshmashrab, Matthew J. Turnbull, Daniel Vaccarello, Yuting Nie, Spencer Martin, David A. Love, Po K. Lau, Xuhui Sun*, Zhifeng Ding*, “Effects of Cu content on the photoelectrochemistry of Cu2ZnSnS4nanocrystal thin films”, Electrochimica Acta 162 (2015) 176–184.
37. Liwei Fan, Hui Zhang, Pingping Zhang, Xuhui Sun*, “One-step synthesis of chlorinated graphene by plasma enhanced chemical vapor deposition”, Applied Surface Science, 347 (2015) 632–635.
38. Jun Li, Yongcheng Wang, Tong Zhou, Hui Zhang, Xuhui Sun, Jing Tang, Lijuan Zhang, Abdullah M. Al-Enizi, Zhongqin Yang, and Gengfeng Zheng*, “Nanoparticle Superlattices as Efficient Bifunctional Electrocatalysts for Water Splitting”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137 (2015), 14305–14312.
39. Nikolay Kornienko, Joaquin Resasco, Nigel Becknell, Chang-Ming Jiang, Yi-Sheng Liu, Kaiqi Nie, Xuhui Sun, Jinghua Guo, Stephen R. Leone, and Peidong Yang*, “Operando Spectroscopic Analysis of an Amorphous Cobalt Sulfide Hydrogen Evolution Electrocatalyst”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 137 (2015), 7448–7455.
40. Jun Zhong, Hui Zhang, Xuhui Sun*, Shuit-Tong Lee*, “Synchrotron Soft X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy Study of Carbon and Silicon Nanostructures for Energy Applications”, Advanced Materials, 26 (2014) 7786-7806.
41. Qin-Liang Li, Chang-Hai Liu, Yu-Ting Nie, Wen-Hua Chen, Xu Gao, Xu-Hui Sun* and Sui-Dong Wang*, “Phototransistor based on single In2Se3 nanosheets”, Nanoscale, 6 (2014) 14538-14542.
42. Hui Zhang, Wei-Cheng Wang, Per-Anders Glans-Suzuki, Yi-Sheng Liu, Mukes Kapilashrami, Jen-Lung Chen, Chinglin Chang,Miquel Salmeron, Carlos Escudero, Elzbieta Pach, Anders Tuxen, Mahati Chintapalli, Sophie Carenco, Xuhui Sun*, Jinghua Guo*, “Developing soft X-ray spectroscopy for in situ characterization of nanocatalysts in catalytic reactions”, Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena, 197 (2014) 118-123.
43. Yan-Qiu Sun, Yi-Long Lei, Jing Gao, Xu-Hui Sun*, Sheng-Huang Lin, Qiao-Liang Bao, Qing Liao, Shuit-Tong Lee and Liang-Sheng Liao*,“Two-dimensional optical waveguiding and luminescence vapochromism properties of 8-hydroxyquinoline zinc (Znq2) hexagonal microsheets”, Chemical Communications, 50 (2014) 10812-10814.
44. Shumin Zhang, Pingping Zhang, Yun Wang, Yanyun Ma, Jun Zhong, and Xuhui Sun*, “Facile Fabrication of Well-Ordered Porous Cu-doped SnO2 Thin Film for H2S Sensing”, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, 6 (2014) 14975-14980.
45. Shuai Wang, Duo Zhang, Yanyun Ma*, Hui Zhang, Jin Gao, Yuting Nie, Xuhui Sun*, “Aqueous Solution Synthesis of Pt?M (M = Fe, Co, Ni) Bimetallic Nanoparticles and Their Catalysis for the Hydrolytic Dehydrogenation of Ammonia Borane”, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, 6 (2014) 12429?12435.
46. Huamin Zhang, Xiaohui Yu, John A. McLeod*, Xuhui Sun*, “First-principles study of Cu-doping and oxygen vacancy effects on TiO2 for water splitting”, Chemical Physics Letters, 612 (2014) 106–110.
47. Jinyin Liu, Lili Bai, Jian Wang, Guanqi Zhao, Xuhui Sun*, and Jun Zhong* “Measuring inside damage of individual multi-walled carbon nanotubes using scanning transmission X-ray microscopy”, Applied Physics Letters, 104 (2014) 241602.
48. Pingping Zhang, Shumin Yang, Liansheng Wang, Jun Zhao, Zhichao Zhu, Bo Liu, Jun Zhong and Xuhui Sun*, “Large-scale uniform Au nanodisk arrays fabricated via x-ray interference lithography for reproducible and sensitive SERS substrate”,Nanotechnology 25 (2014) 245301.
49. Ming Li, Jiujun Deng, Aiwu Pu, Pinging Zhang, Hui Zhang, Jing Gao, Yuanyun Hao, Jun Zhong* and Xuhui Sun*, Hydrogen-Treated Hematite Nanostructures with Low Onset Potential for Highly Efficient Solar Water Oxidation, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2, 6727–6733 (2014) (Front Cover)
50. Aiwu Pu, Jiujun Deng, Ming Li, Jing Gao, Hui Zhang, Yuanyuan Hao,Jun Zhong*and Xuhui Sun*, “Coupling Ti-doping and Oxygen Vacancies in Hematite Nanostructures for Solar Water Oxidation with High Efficiency”, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2(2014) 2491 (Back cover).
51. Jing Gao, Jun Zhong*, Lili Bai, Jinyin Liu, Guanqi Zhao,Xuhui Sun*, “Revealing the Role of Catalysts in Carbon Nanotubes and Nanofibers by Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscopy”, Scientific Reports, 4, 3606; DOI:10.1038/srep03606 (2014).
52. Lili Bai, Jinyin Liu, Guanqi Zhao, Jing Gao, Xuhui Sun,*and Jun Zhong,* “Probing the electronic structure of graphene sheets with various thicknesses by scanning transmission X-ray microscopy”, Applied Physics Letters, 103 (2013) 253110.
53. Xiaohui Yu, Tingjun Hou, Youyong Li,* Xuhui Sun,* and Shuit-Tong Lee, “Effective Band Gap Reduction of Titanium Oxide Semiconductors by Codoping from First-Principles Calculations” International Journal of Quantum Chemistry, 113 (2013) 2546-2553.
54. Jiujun Deng, Xiaoxin Lv, Jing Gao, Aiwu Pu, Ming Li, Xuhui Sun* and Jun Zhong* “Facile synthesis of carbon-coated hematite nanostructures for solar water splitting”, Energy & Environmental Science, 6 (2013) 1965–1970.
55. Xiaohui Yu, TingjunHou, Xuhui Sun*, Youyong Li*, “Atomistic structures and phase transition of In2Se3 nanowires studied by DFT calculations and synchrotron radiation X-ray diffraction”, Solid State Communications 162 (2013) 28–33.
56. Qiqi Zhuo, Jing Gao, Mingfa Peng, Lili Bai, Jiujun Deng, Yujian Xia, Yanyun Ma, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun* “Large-scale synthesis of graphene by the reduction of graphene oxide at room temperature using metal nanoparticles as catalyst”, Carbon 53 (2013)559–564.
57. Qiqi Zhuo, Yanyun Ma, Jing Gao, PingpingZhang, Yujian Xia, Yiming Tian, Xiuxiao Sun, Jun Zhong, Xuhui Sun*, “Facile Synthesis of Graphene/Metal Nanoparticles Composite via Self-Catalysis Reduction at Room Temperature”, Inorganic Chemistry, 52 (2013) 3141-3147.
58. Lili Bai, Jian Wang, Tian Xie, Guanqi Zhao, Jinyin Liu, Jun Zhong*, and Xuhui Sun*, “Probing Disordered Structure and Tube-Tube Interaction inCarbon Nanotubes by Scanning Transmission X-RayMicroscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117 (2013), 1969?1973.
59. Jun Zhong, Jian Wang, Jigang Zhou, Baohua Mao, Changhai Liu, Huibiao Liu, Yuliang Li, Tsun-kong Sham*, Xuhui Sun*, S. D. Wang*, “Electronic Structure of Graphdiyne Probed by X-ray Absorption Spectroscopy and Scanning Transmission X-ray Microscopy”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 117 (2013), 5931-5936.
60. Guo-Qiang Fan, Qi-Qi Zhuo, Jun-Jun Zhu, Zai-Quan Xu, Pan-Pan Cheng, Yan-Qing Li*, Xu-Hui Sun*, Shuit-Tong Lee, Jian-Xin Tang*, “Plasmonic-enhanced polymer solar cells incorporating solution-processable Au nanoparticle-adhered graphene oxide”, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 22(2012) 15614-15619.
61. Lei Hu, Xueqin Cao, Liang Chen, Junwei Zheng, JianmeiLu, Xuhui Sun*, Hongwei Gu*, “Highly efficient synthesis of aromatic azos catalyzed by unsupported ultra-thin Pt nanowires”,Chemical Communications, 48 (2012) 3445-3447.
62. Jiujun Deng, JunZhong*,Aiwu Pu,Duo Zhang, Ming Li,Xuhui Sun*, Shuit-Tong Lee,“Ti-doped hematite nanostructures for solar water splitting with high efficiency”Journal of Applied Physics, 112 (2012), 084312.
63. Chang-Hai Liu, Bao-Hua Mao, Jing Gao, ShuaiZhang, Xu Gao, Zhuang Liu, Shuit-Tong Lee, Xu-Hui Sun*, Sui-Dong Wang*,“Size-controllable self-assembly of metal nanoparticles on carbon nanostructures in room-temperature ionic liquids by simple sputtering deposition”Carbon, 50 (2012) 3008-3014.
64. Tian Xie, Yu Zhao, Jun Zhong*, Zheng Hu, Xuhui Sun*, “Scanning transmission X-ray microscopy and X-ray absorption near-edge structure studies of N-doped carbon nanotubes sealed with N2 gas”, Journal of Applied Physics,111 (2012) 124318.
65. Xiaohui Yu, Tingjun Hou, Xuhui Sun*, Youyong Li* “The influence of defect on Mo-doped TiO2 by First Principles Studies”, ChemPhysChem,2012, 13 (2012) 1514-1521
66. Mingfa Peng, Yang Li, Jing Gao, Duo Zhang, Zheng Jiang, Xuhui Sun*, “Electronic Structure and Photoluminescence Origin of Single-Crystalline Germanium Oxide Nanowires with Green Light Emission”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 115 (2011) 11420-11426.
67. Yang Li, Jing Gao, Qinliang Li, Mingfa Peng, Xuhui Sun,* Youyong Li,* Gang Yuan, Wen Wen and M. Meyyappan, “Thermal phase transformation of In2Se3 nanowires studied by in situ synchrotron radiation X-ray diffraction”, Journal of Materials Chemistry, 21 (2011) 6944-6947.
68. Mingfa Peng, Jing Gao, PingpingZhang, Yang Li, Xuhui Sun*, Shuit Tong Lee , “Reductive Self-Assembling of Ag Nanoparticles on Germanium Nanowires and Their Application in Ultrasensitive Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy”, Chemistry of Materials, 23 (2011) 3296-3301.
69. Qinliang Li, Yang Li, Jing Gao, Suidong Wang*, and Xuhui Sun*, “High performance single In2Se3 nanowire photodetector”, Applied Physics Letters, 99 (2011) 243105.
70. Chunzeng Peng, Jing Gao,Suidong Wang, Xiaohong Zhang, Xinping Zhangand Xuhui Sun*“Stability of Hydrogen Terminated Surfaces of Silicon Nanowires in Aqueous Solutions”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 115(2011) 3866–3871.
71. Xuhui Sun*, Ke Li, Raymond Wu, Patrick Wilhite, Tsutomu Saito, Jing Gao and Cary Y Yang, “The effect of catalysts and underlayer metals on the properties of PECVD-grown carbon nanostructures”, Nanotechnology, 21 (2010) 045201.
72. Ke Li, Raymond Wu, Patrick Wilhite, Vinit Khera, Shoba Krishnan, Xuhui Sun*, and Cary Y. Yang, “Extraction of contact resistance in carbon nanofiber via interconnects with varying lengths”, Applied Physics Letters, 97 (2010) 253109.
73. Boon K. Teo*, X. H. Sun*, C. P. Lee, N. B. Wong, S. T. Lee, “Observation of Hybrid Carbon Nanostructures as Intermediates in the Transformation from Hydrocarbon Nanotubes and Nano-onions to Carbon Nanotubes and Nano-onions via Sonolysis on Silicon Nanowires and Nanodots, Respectively”, Chemistry of Materials, 22 (2010) 1297–1308.
74. X. H. Sun*, B. Yu, G. Ng, S. Ju, and D. B. Janes, “Germanium Antimonide Phase-Change Nanowires for Memory Applications”, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 55 (2008) 3131.
75. B. Yu*, X. H. Sun*, S. Ju, D. B. Janes and M. Meyyappan, “Chalcogenide Nanowire based Phase Change Memory”, IEEE Transactions on Nanotechnology, 7 (2008) 496-502.
76. X. H. Sun*, B. Yu*, M. Meyyappan, “Synthesis and Nanoscale Thermal Encoding of Phase-Change Nanowires”, Applied Physics Letters, 90 (2007) 183116.
77. X. H. Sun*, T. K. Sham*, R.A. Rosenberg and G.K. Shenoy, “One Dimensional Silicon–Cadmium Selenide Heterostructures”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111(2007) 8475-8482.
78. Boon K. Teo, X. H. Sun, “Silicon-Based Low-Dimensional Nanomaterials and Nanodevices”, Chemical Reviews, 107 (2007) 1454-1532.
79. B. Yu*, S.Ju, X. H. Sun*, G. Ng, T. D. Nguyen, D. B. Janes, M. Meyyappan, “Indium selenide nanowire phase-change memory”, Applied Physics Letters, 91 (2007) 133119.
80. X. H. Sun*, G. Calebotta, B. Yu, G. Selvaduray, and M. Meyyappan, “Synthesis of germanium nanowires-on-insulator (GeNOI) catalyzed by indium or antimony”, Journal of Vacuum Science and Technology B, 25 (2007) 415-420.
81. X. H. Sun*, B. Yu*, G. Ng, and M. Meyyappan, “One-Dimensional Phase-Change Nanostructure: Germanium Telluride Nanowire”, Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 111 (2007) 2421-2425.
82. Classification and Representations of Low-Dimensional Nanomaterials: Terms and Symbols, Boon K. Teo*, X. H. Sun*, Journal of Cluster Science, 18 (2007), 346-357.
83. X. H. Sun, B. Yu, G. Ng, T. D. Ng, and M. Meyyappan, “III-VI Compound Semiconductor Indium Selenide (In2Se3) Nanowires: Synthesis and Characterization”, Applied Physics Letters, 89 (2006) 233121.
84. X. H. Sun*, C. Didychuk, T. K. Sham*, N.B. Wong, “Germanium Nanowires: Synthesis, Morphology and Local Structures Studies”, Nanotechnology, 17 (2006) 2925 -2930.
85. B. Yu, X. H. Sun*, G. A. Calebotta, G. R. Dholakia, M. Meyyappan, “One-dimensional Germanium Nanowires for Future Electronics”, Journal of Cluster Science (invited review), 17 (2006) 579-597.
86. Boon K. Teo*, X. H. Sun*, “From Top-Down to Bottom-Up to Hybrid Nanotechnologies: Road to Nanodevices”, Journal of Cluster Science (invited review) 17 (2006) 529-540.
87. X.H. Sun, S. Lam, T.K. Sham, F. Heigl, A. Jürgensen, N.B. Wong, “Synthesis and Synchrotron light induced luminescence of ZnO nanostructures: nanowires, nano-needles, nanoflowers and tubular whiskers”, Journal of Physical Chemistry B, 109 (2005), 3120-3125.
88. X.H.Sun, N.B. Wong, C.P. Li, S.T. Lee, T.K. Sham, “Chain-like silicon nanowires: Morphology, electronic structure and luminescence studies”, Journal of Applied Physics, 96 (2004) 3447-3451.
89. X.H. Sun, N.B. Wong, C.P. Li, S.T. Lee, P.S.G. Kim, T.K. Sham, “Reductive self-assembling of Pd and Rh nanoparticles on silicon nanowire templates”, Chemistry of Materials, 16 (2004) 1143.
90. X.H. Sun, B.K. Teo, “Zero-dimensional nanodots on one-dimensional nanowires: Reductive deposition of metal nanoparticles on silicon nanowires”, Journal of Cluster Science(invited review),15 (2004) 199.
91. X. H. Sun, S. D. Wang, N. B. Wong, D. D. D Ma, S. T. Lee, B. K. Teo, “FTIR Spectroscopic Studies of the Stabilities and Reactivities ofHydrogen-Terminated Surfaces of Silicon Nanowires”, Inorganic Chemistry, 42 (2003) 2398.
92. X.H. Sun, L.F. Cheng, M. W. Liu, L.S. Liao, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee, “Photoelectron spectroscopy study on indium tin oxide treatment by iodine, bromine and their interface with organic films”, Chemical Physics Letters,370 (2003) 425.
93. X.H. Sun, C.P. Li, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee, B.K. Teo, “Templating Effect of Hydrogen-Passivated Silicon Nanowires in the Production of Hydrocarbon Nanotubes and Nanoonions via Sonochemical Reactions with Common Organic Solvents under Ambient Conditions”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 124 (2002) 14856.
94. X.H. Sun, C.P. Li, W. K. Wong, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee, B.K. Teo, “Formation of Silicon Carbide Nanotubes and Nanowires via Disproportionation Reaction of Silicon Monoxide with Carbon Nanotubes”, Journal of the American Chemical Society, 124 (2002) 14464.
95. X.H. Sun, C.P. Li, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee, B.K. Teo, “Reductive Growth of Nanosized Ligated Metal Clusters on Silicon Nanowires”, Inorganic Chemistry, 41 (2002) 4331.
96. X.H. Sun, R. Sammynaiken, S.J. Naftel, Y.H. Tang, P. Zhang, P.S. Kim, T.K. Sham, X.H. Fan, Y.F. Zhang, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee, “Ag nanostructures on a silicon nanowire template: an X-ray absorption fine structure study at the Si K-edge and Ag L3,2-edge”, Chemistry of Materials, 14 (2002) 2519.
97. X.H. Sun, Y.H. Tang, P. Zhang, S. Naftel, R. Sammynaiken, T.K. Sham, Y.F. Zhang, H.Y. Peng, N.B. Wong, and S.T. Lee, “An X-ray absorption fine structure and electron energy loss spectroscopy study of silicon nanowires at Si L3,2-edge”, Journal of Applied Physics, 90 (2001) 6379.
98. X.H. Sun, H.Y. Peng, Y.H. Tang, W.S. Shi, N.B. Wong, C.S. Lee, S.T. Lee and T.K. Sham, “Surface reactivity of Si nanowires”, Journal of Applied Physics, 89 (2001) 6396.
Edited by Juan Yang