Liang Cheng, PhD
Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM)
Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, 215123, China
2015.8~2016.8, Visiting Scholar, University of Wisconsin-Madison
2019.11~Now Professor, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Material (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
2017.7~2019.10, Research Professor, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Material (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
2014.7~2017.6, Associate Professor, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Material (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
2012.8~2014.6, Lecturer, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Material (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Research Experiences and Accomplishments
Dr. Cheng’s work has focused on the preparation of functional nanostructured inorganic materials and their applications in nanomedicine. Over past several years, he has developed three types of functional biomaterials for imaging guided cancer photo-therapy and combined therapy. It has been shown that such novel strategies offer obvious advantages in realizing precise treatment of cancer and improving the specificity of tumor therapy. Dr Cheng has authored a total of over 155 peer-reviewed SCI papers, which have been cited by others for over 13,000 times (H-index = 58). Dr Cheng was listed as one of the ‘Highly Cited Researchers (Materials Science)’ by Clarivate Analytics in 2017-2019 and ‘China’s Highly Cited Researchers (Materials Science)’ in 2017&2018. Now, based on the previous studies of functional nanomaterials for in vivo multimodal imaging and tumor therapy, Dr. Cheng wants to develop new renal clearable or biodegradable functional nanomaterials for imaging guided combined tumor therapy. The goal is to find a few kinds of inorganic theranostic agents with low toxicity and high cancer therapeutic performances.
Publication /Citation List:
1. Cheng, L*; Wang, X.; Gong, F.; Liu, T.; Liu, Z.*, 2D Nanomaterials for Cancer Theranostic Applications. Adv. Mater., 2019, 31, 1902333.
2. Gong, F.; Cheng, L.*; Yang, N.; Betzer, O.; Feng, L.; Zhou, Q.; Li, Y.; Chen, R.; Popovtzer, R.; Liu, Z.*, Ultrasmall Oxygen-Deficient Bimetallic Oxide MnWOX Nanoparticles for Depletion of Endogenous GSH and Enhanced Sonodynamic Cancer Therapy. Adv. Mater., 2019, 31, 1900730.
3. Zhong, X.; Wang, X.; Zhan, G.; Tang, Y. a.; Yao, Y.; Dong, Z.; Hou, L.; Zhao, H.; Zeng, S.; Hu, J.*; Cheng, L.*; Yang, X.*, NaCeF4:Gd,Tb Scintillator as an X-ray Responsive Photosensitizer for Multimodal Imaging-Guided Synchronous Radio/Radiodynamic Therapy. Nano Lett., 2019, 19, 8234-8244.
4. Gong, F.; Cheng, L.*; Yang, N.; Jin, Q.; Tian, L.; Wang, M.; Li, Y.; Liu, Z.*, Bimetallic Oxide MnMoOX Nanorods for in Vivo Photoacoustic Imaging of GSH and Tumor-Specific Photothermal Therapy. Nano Lett., 2018, 18, 6037-6044.
5. Wu, C.; Zhang, R.; Du, W.; Cheng, L.*; Liang, G.*, Alkaline Phosphatase-Triggered Self-Assembly of Near-Infrared Nanoparticles for the Enhanced Photoacoustic Imaging of Tumors. Nano Lett., 2018, 18, 7749-7754.
6. Chen, Y.; Cheng, L.*; Dong, Z.; Chao, Y.; Lei, H.; Zhao, H.; Wang, J.; Liu, Z*. Degradable Vanadium Disulfide Nanostructures with Unique Optical and Magnetic Functions for Cancer Theranostics. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2017, 129, 13171.
7. Shen, S.; Chao, Y.; Dong, Z.; Wang, G.; Yi, X.; Song, G.; Yang, K.; Liu, Z.; Cheng, L.* Bottom-Up Preparation of Uniform Ultrathin Rhenium Disulfide Nanosheets for Image-Guided Photothermal Radiotherapy. Adv. Funct. Mater., 2017, 27, 1700250
8. Xuan, J., Wang, Z., Chen, Y., Liang, D., Cheng, L.*, Yang, X., Liu, Z., Ma, R., Sasaki, T., Geng F.*, Organic-Base-Driven Intercalation and Delamination for the Production of Functionalized Titanium Carbide Nanosheets with Superior Photothermal Therapeutic Performance. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, 128, 14789-14794.
9. Cheng, L.; Huang, W.; Gong, Q.; Liu, C.; Liu, Z.*; Li, Y.G*;Dai, H., Ultrathin WS2 Nanoflakes as a High-Performance Electrocatalyst for the Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2014, 53, 7860-7863(Back cover, hot article)
10. Cheng, L.; Liu, J.J.; Gu, X.; Gong, H., Shi, X.Z.; Liu, T., Wang, C., Wang, X.Y., Liu, G.; Xing, H.Y.; Bu, W.B.; Sun, B.Q.; Liu, Z*., PEGylated WS2 Nanosheets as A Multifunctional Theranostic Agent for in vivo Dual-modal CT / Photoacoustic Imaging Guided Photothermal Therapy. Adv. Mater., 2014, 26, 1886-1893,(inside cover).
Edited by Juan Yang