Group website: www.sense-group.cn
Education and Work Experience:
2012.6-now, Associate Professor in Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, China,
2010.7-2012.6 Postdoctoral, Center of Super-Diamond and Advanced Films (COSDAF) and Department of Physics and Materials Science, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong (Supervisor: Prof. Shuit-Tong Lee)
2005.9-2010.6 Ph.D. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China & Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China (Supervisor: Prof. Chunhai Fan & Prof. Pingping Shen)
2001.9-2005.6 B.S. Biotechnology, School of Life Science, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
(1) Biological effects of nanoparticles;
(2) Cancer therapy using nanomaterials;
(3) Biological imaging using fluorescent nanoparticles.
Selected Research Publication:
1. Lu Yimei, Su Yuanyuan *, Zhou Yanfeng, Wang Jie, Peng Fei, Zhong Yiling, and He Yao*. In vivo behavior of near infrared-emitting quantum dots. Biomaterials 2013, 34, 4302-4308. (*Corresponding author )
2. Peng Fei, Su Yuanyuan, Wei Xinpan, Lu Yimei, Zhou Yanfeng, Zhong Yiling, Lee Shuit-Tong* and He Yao*. Silicon-nanowire-based nanocarriers with ultrahigh drug-loading capacity for in vitro and in vivo cancer therapy. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 1457-1461.
3. Su Yuanyuan, Wei Xinpan, Peng Fei, Zhong Yiling, Lu Yimei, Su Shao, Xu Tingting, Lee Shuit-Tong* and He Yao*. Gold nanoparticles-decorated silicon nanowires as highly efficient near-infrared hyperthermia agents for cancer cells destruction. Nano Lett. 2012, 12, 1845-1850.
4. Chen Nan, He Yao, Su Yuanyuan, Li Xiaoming, Huang Qing*, Wang Haifeng, Zhang Xiangzhi, Tai Renzhong and Fan Chuanhai. The cytotoxicity of cadmium-based quantum dots. Biomaterials 2012, 33, 1238-1244. (invited review)
5. Su Yuanyuan, Peng Fei, Jiang Ziyun, Zhong Yiling, Lu Yimei, Jiang Xiangxu, Huang Qing, Fan Chunhai*, Lee Shuit-Tong* and He Yao*. In vivo distribution, pharmacokinetics, and toxicity of aqueous synthesized cadmium-containing quantum dots. Biomaterials 2011, 32, 5855-5862. (highlighted by Nanomedicine)
6. Su Yuanyuan, Hu Mei, Fan Chunhai*, He Yao, Li Qingnuan, Li Wenxin, Wang Lianhui, Shen Pingping* and Huang Qing*. The cytotoxicity of CdTe quantum dots and the relative contributions from released cadmium ions and nanoparticle properties. Biomaterials 2010, 31, 4829-4834.
7. Su Yuanyuan, Xu Jinging, Li Jiang, Shen Pingping*, Wang Lihua, Li Qingnuan, Li Wenxin, Xu Guo-tong, Fan Chunhai and Huang Qing*. Cellular uptake and cytotoxic evaluation of fullerenol in different cell lines. Toxicology 2010, 269, 155-159.
8. Su Yuanyuan, He Yao, Lu Haoting, Sai Liman, Li Qingnuan, Li Wenxin, Wang Lianhui, Shen Pingping*, Huang Qing* and Fan Chunhai*. The cytotoxicity of cadmium based, aqueous phase – synthesized, quantum dots and its modulation by surface coating. Biomaterials 2009, 30, 19-25. (Top ten most- cited paper of 2009)
9. He Yao*, Zhong Yiling, Su Yuanyuan, Lu Yimei, Jiang Ziun, Peng Fei, Xu Tingting, Su Shao, Huang Qing, Fan Chunhai* and Lee Shuit-Tong*. Water-Dispersed Near-Infrared-Emitting Quantum Dots of Ultrasmall Sizes for In Vitro and In Vivo Imaging. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 5695-5698.
10. He Yao*, Lu Haoting, Su Yuanyuan, Sai Liman, Hu Mei, Fan Chunhai* and Wang Lianhui*. Ultra-photostable, non-cytotoxic, and highly fluorescent quantum nanospheres for long-term, high-specificity cell imaging. Biomaterials 2011, 32, 2133-2140.
11. Xu Jingying, Su Yuanyuan, Cheng Jinsheng, Li Wenxin, Xu Guo-tong*, Li Qingnuan*. Protective effects of fullerenol on carbon tetrachloride-induced acute hepatotoxicity and nephrotoxicity in rats. Carbon 2010, 48, 1388-96.
12. He Yao, Su Yuanyuan, Yang Xaiobao, Kang Zhenhui, Xu Tingting, Zhang Ruiqin, Fan Chunhai* and Lee Shuit-Tong*. Photo and pH Stable, Highly-Luminescent Silicon Nanospheres and Their Bioconjugates for Immunofluorescent Cell Imaging. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 4434-38.
13. Zhu Zhiqiang, Su Yuanyuan, Li Jiang, Li Di*, Zhang Jiong, Song Shiping, Zhao Yun, Li Genxi* and Fan Chunhai. Highly Sensitive Electrochemical Sensor for Mercury(II) Ions by Using a Mercury-Specific Oligonucleotide Probe and Gold Nanoparticle-Based Amplification. Anal. Chem. 2009, 81, 7660-66.
14. Su Shao, Wei Xinpan, Zhong Yiling, Guo Yuanyuan, Su Yuanyuan, Huang Qing, Lee Shuit-Tong*, Fan Chunhai* and He Yao*. Silicon nanowires-based molecular beacons for high-sensitivity and sequence-specific DNA multiplexed analysis. ACS Nano 2012, 6, 2582-2590.
15. He Yao*, Zhong Yiling, Peng Fei, Wei Xinpan, Su Yuanyuan, Gu Wei, Liao Liangsheng and Lee Shuit-Tong*. Highly luminescent water-dispersible silicon nanowires for long-term immunofluorescent cellular imaging. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2011, 50, 3080-3083.
16. He Yao*, Zhong Yiling, Peng Fei, Wei Xinpan, Su Yuanyuan, Lu Yimei, Su Shao, Gu Wei, Liao Liangsheng and Lee Shuit-Tong*. One-Pot Microwave Synthesis of Water-Dispersible, Ultraphoto- and pH-Stable, and Highly Fluorescent Silicon Quantum Dots. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133, 14192–14195.
Edited by Juan Yang