Research Associate Professor in Prof. Zhuang Liu’s group
199 Ren-Ai Road, Building 910, Office 400, Suzhou, Jiangsu, 215123, China
2016/10 - Assistant Researcher, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
2015/10 - 2016/10 Post-doctoral fellow, Institute of Chinese Medical Science (ICMS), University of Macau, Macau, China
2010/09 - 2015/06 Ph.D. in Chemical Biology, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
2013/09 - 2014/10 Joint-training Ph.D. Program (supported by China Scholarship Council), Department of Biomedical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA, USA
2006/08 - 2010/06 B.S. in Biological Science, School of Biology & Basic Medical Sciences, Soochow University, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China
Research Experience and Accomplishments:
Dr. Liangzhu Feng’s research activity in the past few years has been focused on the development of functional nanomaterials for applications in biomedical imaging, drug delivery, and novel cancer therapies. Starting from 2011, Dr. Feng has authored ~50 peer-reviewed papers, which have received a total citation of ~3100 times and given him an H-index at 19 according to Web of Science.
1. Liangzhu Feng, Liang Cheng, Ziliang Dong, Danlei Tao, Meiwan Chen*, Zhuang Liu*, Theranostic Liposomes with Hypoxia-Activated Prodrug to Effectively Destruct Hypoxic Tumors post Photodynamic Therapy, ACS Nano, 2017, 11(1), 927–937.
2. Liangzhu Feng, Danlei Tao, Ziliang Dong, Qian Chen, Yu Chao, Zhuang Liu*, Meiwan Chen* Near-infrared Light Activation of Quenched Liposomal Ce6 for Synergistic Cancer Phototherapy with Effective Skin Protection, Biomaterials, 2017, 127, 13-24.
3. Ziliang Dong, Liangzhu Feng*, Wenwen Zhu, Xiaoqi Sun, Min Gao, He Zhao, Yu Chao, Zhuang Liu* CaCO3 Nanoparticles as an Ultra-sensitive Tumor-pH-Responsive Nanoplatform Enabling Real-Time Drug Release Monitoring and Cancer Combination Therapy, Biomaterials, 2016, 110, 60-70.
4. Guangbao Yang, Jingjing Liu, Yifan Wu, Liangzhu Feng*, Zhuang Liu* “Near-infrared-light responsive nanoscale drug delivery systems for cancer treatment” Coord. Chem. Rev. 2016, 320-321, 100-117.
5. Liangzhu Feng, Min Gao, Danlei Tao, Qian Chen, Hairong Wang, Ziliang Dong, Meiwan Chen,* and Zhuang Liu* Cisplatin-Prodrug-Constructed Liposomes as a Versatile Theranostic Nanoplatform for Bimodal Imaging Guided Combination Cancer Therapy. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2016, 26, 2207-2217.
6. Liangzhu Feng, Kunyang Li, Xiaoze Shi, Min Gao, Jian Liu, Zhuang Liu* Smart pH-Responsive Nanocarrier Based on Nano-Graphene Oxide for Combined Chemo- and Photothermal Therapy Overcoming Drug Resistance, Adv. Healthcare Mater. 2014, 3 (8), 1261-1271.
7. Liangzhu Feng, Xianzhu Yang, Xiaoze Shi, Xiaofang Tan, Rui Peng, Jun Wang*, Zhuang Liu* Polyethylene glycol and polyethylenimine dual functionalized nano-graphene oxide for photothermally enhanced gene delivery, Small, 2013, 9 (11), 1989-1997.
8. Liangzhu Feng, Shuai Zhang, Zhuang Liu* Graphene based gene transfection, Nanoscale. 2011, 3 (3), 1252-1257.
9. Liangzhu Feng, Zhuang Liu* Graphene in biomedicine: opportunities and challenges, Nanomedicine. 2011, 6 (2), 317-324.
10. Lu He#, Liangzhu Feng#, Liang Cheng, Yumeng Liu, Zhiwei Li, Rui Peng, Yonggang Li*, Liang Guo*, Zhuang Liu* Multilayer dual-polymer-coated upconversion nanoparticles for multimodal imaging and serum-enhanced gene delivery, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces. 2013, 5 (20), 10381-10388.
11. Jing Zhang#, Liangzhu Feng#, Xiaofang Tan, Xiaozhe Shi, Ligeng Xu, Zhuang Liu*, Rui Peng* Dual-Polymer-Functionalized Nanoscale Graphene Oxide as a Highly Effective Gene Transfection Agent for Insect Cells with Cell-Type-Dependent Cellular Uptake Mechanisms, Part. Part. Syst. Char. 2013, 30 (9), 794-803.
12. Shuai Zhang#, Kai Yang#, Liangzhu Feng#, Zhuang Liu* In vitro and in vivo behaviors of dextran functionalized grapheme, 2011, Carbon 49 (12), 4040-4049.
(#co-first author, *corresponding author)
Edited by Juan Yang