Associate professor(in Prof. Xuhui Sun’s Group)
Education and Work Experience:
2011/8 - , Lecture in Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), Soochow University, Suzhou, China
2006/09 - 2011/07, Ph. D in Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, (Advisor: Prof. Zhaoxiong Xie, Prof. Lansun Zheng), Xiamen, China
2008/09 - 2010/09, Jointly supervised Ph. D in Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, (Advisor: Prof. Younan Xia), St. Louis, MO, USA
2004/09 - 2006/09, Master in Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, (Advisor: Prof. Zhaoxiong Xie, Prof. Lansun Zheng), Xiamen, China
2000/09 - 2004/07, Bachelor in Department of Chemistry, Xiamen University, Xiamen, China
Controlled synthesis of noble-metal based nanomaterials and their applications:
(1) Controlled synthesis of noble-metal nanocrystals (in crystal planes, size, shape and compositon); the study of their properties and growth mechanism.
(2) Structural analysis of nanocrystals and the exploration of the inner relationship between structure and properties.
(3) Controlled synthesis of functional composites based on noble-metal nanomaterials and their applications in various fields such as energy, catalysis, environment.
1. Yanyun Ma, Weiyang Li, Eun Chul Cho, Zhiyuan Li, Taekyung Yu, Jie Zeng, Zhaoxiong Xie, Younan Xia. Au@Ag Core-Shell Nanocubes with Finely Tuned and Well-Controlled Sizes, Shell Thicknesses, and Optical Properties. ACS NANO 2010, 4(11), 6725-6734.
2. Yanyun Ma, Jie Zeng, Weiyang Li, Maureen McKiernan, Zhaoxiong Xie, Younan Xia. Seed-Mediated Synthesis of Truncated Gold Decahedrons with a AuCl/Oleylamine Complex as Precursor. Adv. Mater. 2010, 22, 1930-1934.
3. Yanyun Ma, Qin Kuang, Zhiyuan Jiang, Zhaoxiong Xie, Rongbin Huang, Lansun Zheng. Synthesis of Trisoctahedral Gold Nanocrystals with Exposed High-Index Facets by a Facile Chemical Method. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2008, 47, 8901-8904. (This work was highlighted in NPG Asia Materials research.)
4. Yanyun Ma, Weiyang Li, Jie Zeng, Maureen McKiernan, Zhaoxiong Xie, Younan Xia. Synthesis of Small Silver Nanocubes in a Hydrophobic Solvent by Introducing Oxidative Etching with Fe(III) Species. J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 3586-3589.
5. Yanyun Ma, Zhiyuan Jiang, Qin Kuang, Shuhong Zhang, Zhaoxiong Xie, Rongbin Huang, Lansun Zheng. Twin-Crystal Nature of the Single-Crystal-Like Branched Cu2O Particles. J. Phys. Chem. C 2008, 112, 13405-13409.
6. Jie Zeng, Yanyun Ma, Unyong Jeong, Younan Xia. AuI: An Alternative and Potentially Better Precursor Than AuIII for the Synthesis of Au Nanostructures. J. Mater. Chem. 2010, 20, 2290-2301. (invited feature article)
Rm 301, Bld 910
Institute of Functional Nano& Soft Materials (FUNSOM)
Soochow University 199 Ren-Ai Road,
Suzhou Industrial Park,
Suzhou, Jiangsu 215123 China
Edited by Juan Yang