Chao WANG Ph.D.
B.S., Soochow University, School of Life Sciences, 2010;
Ph.D., Soochow University, Institute of Functional Nano & Soft Materials (FUNSOM), 2014;
Postdoctoral Researcher, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill & North Carolina State University, Dept. of Joint Department of Biomedical Engineering; 2015-2018
Our lab current research focuses include development of biomaterials for immunoengineering, tissue engineering and regeneration, in order to develop effective novel immunotherapies for cancer, infectious diseases, autoimmune disorders and age-related disease. Dr. Wang has authored over 70 peer-reviewed papers, which have received a total citation of > 5,500 times and given him an H-index at 41 (Google Scholar).
1. Chao Wang, Jinqiang Wang, Xudong Zhang, Shuangjiang Yu, Di Wen, Quanyin Hu, Yanqi Ye, Hunter Bomba, Xiuli Hu, Zhuang Liu, Gianpietro Dotti, Zhen Gu*. In situ formed reactive oxygen species–responsive scaffold with gemcitabine and checkpoint inhibitor for combination therapy. Science Translational Medicine 10 (429), eaan3682 (2018).Featured by Nature Reviews Cancer 18, 206 (2018)
2. Chao Wang, Wujin Sun, Yanqi Ye, Quanyin Hu, Hunter N. Bomba and Zhen Gu*. In Situ Activation of Platelets with Checkpoint Inhibitors for Post-Surgical Cancer Immunotherapy. Nature Biomedical Engineering,1, 0011 (2017).
Featured by Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology 14, 140 (2017)
Nature Biomedical Engineering 1, 0031 (2017)
Nature Reviews Drug Discovery 16, 166 (2017)
3. Chao Wang, Yanqi Ye, Quanyin Hu, Adriano Bellotti and Zhen Gu*. Tailoring Biomaterials for Cancer Immunotherapy Emerging Trends and Future Outlook. Advanced Materials, 2017.
4. Chao Wang, Yanqi Ye, Gabrielle M Hochu, Hasan Sadeghifar, Zhen Gu*. “Enhanced Cancer Immunotherapy by Microneedle Patch-assisted Delivery of Anti-PD1 Antibody”. Nano Letters, 16, 2334-2340 (2016).
5. Chao Wang, Ligeng Xu, Chao Liang, Jian Xiang, Rui Peng and Zhuang Liu*. “Immunological Responses Triggered by Photothermal Therapy with Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes in Combination with Anti-CTLA-4 Therapy to Inhibit Cancer Metastasis” Advanced Materials,26, 8154-8162 (2014).
Full publication list can be found at
Contact information:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Edited by Juan Yang